Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quilting progress

For a hand sewn quilt, I'm quite happy with my progress actually!! I only have around 15 days before neicephew is due, so i need to get a wriggle on!

I roughly laid the plan out on the floor last night and I like the way it's going to look. The cream squares indicate where the Beatrix Potter "scenes" fabric will go. The "scenes" are gorgeous and are basically taken straight from the books with tales of Tabitha Twitchett, Jemima Puddleduck and others.
The background will be a cream or cream check material to match the alternating diamond in the leMoyne star below.
In the middle of the star I've made a yo-yo with a well-sewn in button from Grandma's stash. The yo-yo protects the button edges so neicephew doesn't pull it off!
I needed the central yo-yo (or Suffolk puff - i think i like this name better!!) as there was a gaping hole in the middle because the template I used was for "folded" machined edges, but I used it for paper piecing instead which meant there were no "points" to match up in the middle

No comments: