Wowsers has it really been a fortnight since my last post? Thankyou for all your great ideas on being greener and for composting ideas! I’m on a mission for a Bokashi Bin for the kitchen.
“So Bec, how have you been green this week?” I hear you ask. Well, after inspiration from an article in Frankie Magazine I’ve been trying to use as little plastic as possible.
Bec's Green-ness for this week
1. I pack lunch in a Nude container
2. Not bagging fruit at the supermarket (I’m still yet to venture regularly to the Farmers Markets)
3. ALWAYS remembering my green bags at the supermarket.
4. Selecting item that don’t use plastic packaging which is a really, really hard thing to do! In some cases, I simply had to opt for the item which had the least amount of plastic.
5. I have also stopped using “single use” items such as face wipes, or cleaning wipes. They seem handy at the time but man what a waste!! Especially the cleaning ones – vinegar, bi-carb soda, a bit of lemon juice and some elbow grease end up doing a MUCH better job than disposable wipes or harsh chemicals that make your eyes water when you use them – plus they’re much more environmentally friendly!
It’s also been quite a while since my last “crafty” post. I’ve been participating in a game called “Cos we Can” which is a group on Flickr where you simply have to submit an artwork every fortnight. It forces me to be creative and has also meant that I’ve been doing a lot more water colour work lately which I’m really enjoying. You can have a little peak here.
Oh, and I've signed up for a "pattern making and garment reproduction" course and I am sooo excited!! Hopefully I'll have LOTS of pics to show over the next few weeks.
Lastly darling readers who are still reading along (think this is the wordiest post I’ve had in a while- I just have so many things to say!) I’d like to leave you with a few pictures from my 1st Wedding anniversary. Ever the romantic, Mr Honi planned a surprise SUNSET helicopter flight over Sydney along with dinner at Altitude and a night at the Shangri La! La-di-dah indeed! It was just magical. I highly recommend Blue Sky Helicopters if you’re thinking of surprising a loved one with an unbeatable view over Sydney!!