Monday, June 15, 2009

Craft Fair Goodness

The long awaited craft fair was back in town this week. I was like a child at Christmas on Friday night, and could hardly sleep. I’ve been saving my pennies for a few months so I had a nice little wallet of cash to spend at the fair.

Last year I was all about the beads. This year – my purchases were mainly fabrics and a few embellishments. Plus, I bought the most amazing set of Derwent Pencils (from this lady)that allow you to draw on fabric then they turn into ink when you use a fabric painting medium. (here's a quick one I did yesterday)

I have an obsession with coloured pencils. My Dad surprised me with my first set of 12 watercolour pencils when I was very little and I have adored them ever since. I still have the set he gave me and I treasure them. I was one of those kids who always had perfectly sharpened pencils and rarely let anyone else use them for fear of breaking them. I'm so glad I was like that because now I still have my lovely sets of pencils that I can still enjoy!! (Amy – if you’re reading this, you’ll see that my pedantic, perfectionist tendencies started VERY early!!)

Then in the afternoon I met-up with 2 sweet Brown Owls –Louise and Jess and we had a lovely Devonshire tea together.

So here’s a piccie of all the goodies I bought….
2 jelly rolls, Swarovski "hot fix"crystals, English paper piecing squares (I'm TOTALLY hooked now! Will post some pics of my Brown Owls effort soon), kokeshi doll robber stamp, Lots of cute frabic and then a few things for framing our wedding pics.
I'm already starting to save up for next years fair now!!!! ;)

3 comments:

Cass said...

Bec my dad used to work for Columbia who made Derwent pencils, it was great when we were little we had an endless supply. I nearly bought that cat fabric too.

Jodie said...

oooh I like the sound of /look of those pencils...

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

Nice haul, Bec! Love all your stuff! I will have to show my English piecing next month too :o)