Monday, March 16, 2009

New Quilt

From the Queen of starting things and not finishing them, comes ANOTHER QUILT!!!!!!


These fabrics will be used in a new baby cot quilt for peanut (my soon to be niece/nephew). As we don’t know what it’s going to be I’ve decided to make it in bright yellows, greens, aqua and purpley pink. I think it’s going to look quite funky.

It’s going to be a wonky log cabin, as I was totally inspired by the ones that Amy @ Badskirt made. The monkey is fussy cut from a piece of material that has all wind up toys. So I'll pick each toy and make it the centre of the square.

I'm really excited about this one as it's different to what I've done before. And I am promising myself that I will finish it in ONE MONTH. Dear readers, please chase me up and make sure I get this one done in my timeframe!!!!

As for not finishing my other projects....
I can finish the corners of this quilt now that I have some cute fabric,
And I'm going to take this quilt to MO (as mentioned in the previous post)

1 comment:

Amy Badskirt said...

I think you're going to love making the wonky blocks. They are so addictive. I get inspiration for mine from Alissa at www.handmadebyalissa.com.

I love your bright colour choices and can't wait to see what you make. I squeeze one or two blocks in between projects which makes it quick and easy to get them done!