Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pretty Stamps

I’ve received quite a few lovely packages in the mail recently – mainly from Japan and Hong Kong and i've realised they have some really beautiful stamps over there!


I used to collect stamps when I was younger, but when we changed over to those awful (yet convenient) sticky backed stamps it took all the fun out of stamp collecting. There was something quite therapeutic about soaking the stamps and then ever so gently removing them from the envelope and setting them out to dry.

I have no idea what to do with them now, Oshiny on flickr suggested wallpaper! What a hot idea! It would take a painstakingly long time, but how cool would it look!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

That's a fantastic idea! Imagine it growing on the wall over time ;) I have a modest collection myself, stamps and international money - some of those are amazing. Can't wait to see what you do Bec. Kx