Monday, March 28, 2011

I’ve had the time of my life…….

On Saturday I went to the National Blythe convention in Sydney and had the most magical day! I was surrounded by beautiful dolls and very clever, talented and wonderful peeps. The work that people had put into customising their dolls and outfits was just incredible (see below for the “mini me” competition) and gave me some inspiration to custom my third girl on Sunday. I received a heap of goodies and bought a gorgeous wig for Trixie. Once I put the wig on her – I knew she had to have some work done. BEFORE: She was ‘cute’ as Nicky Lad on the far left hand side AFTER: but I think she’s quite beautiful now. I’ve sanded her face, given her brand new eyelashes, new make-up and I carved and painted her lips (this was VERY daunting!) Her hot pink glasses are now worn by Violet (in the middle of the trio picture) I have a LOAD of photos over at Flickr – I took so many photos and have forgotten who owned each doll so I apologise for not crediting the owners of each of these girls! I’d like to extend a big thankyou to all of the organisers for such a wonderful day – I had the time of my life!

No comments: